The eye is the only organ in the human body that connects us to the world.
What we see, we feel it
Are you in search of affordable eye treatment costs in India? Look no further! We will dive into India’s ultimate eye treatment costs, providing you with all the information you need for a clear vision at an affordable price. India is a popular choice for international patients seeking top-notch eye care because it is famed for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and highly skilled ophthalmologists; whether you are considering cataract surgery, LASIK, or any other eye treatment, this guide will give you a breakdown of costs in India, helping you make an informed decision about your eye health. We understand the importance of finding cost-effective options without compromising on quality, and that’s why we have curated this guide to showcase the affordable eye treatment solutions available in India. You can quickly and confidently plan your eye treatment journey by exploring various options and associated costs. Don’t let high costs hinder your path to a clearer vision. Join us as we explore the affordable eye treatment options in India and take the first step towards achieving optimal eye health.
EYE: – One of the body’s most intricate and significant sense organs is the eye. They are capable of seeing in bright and low light, focusing on both close-ups and distant objects. Its three different types of cone cells can identify millions of different colours and create the sharp images needed by the body for many daily tasks. The eye is a pair of spherical orders found in the orbit of the skull.
Eye Muscles: – The six skeletal muscles that surround the eye are in charge of its various motions. Despite being small and weak, these muscles are incredibly quick and precise. They let the eye carry out a variety of difficult tasks, including following moving objects, searching for things, and preserving a steady image on the retina. To aid in vision, the muscles in the eyes carry out a variety of specific tasks. The muscles conduct a scanning action, known as saccades, to give the brain crucial information when viewing a vast region. Cones are most abundant in a small area of the retina called the fovea, which also creates the most precise visual impressions. Through saccades, the fovea can send the brain clear images of the key elements of an image for quick interpretation.
Being able to track moving objects across the visual field is an important capability. To maintain a moving object of interest inside the fovea, the brain sends multiple signals to the eye muscles, which enables them to quickly alter the eye’s position. The eye muscles adjust the position of each eye slightly to create a single, binocular view. This process is called vergence, and it helps prevent the visual cortex of the brain from receiving multiple images, which would otherwise result in double or blurred vision.
Because of India excellent medical facilities, trained healthcare personnel, and cost-effective healthcare services, India is a popular destination for medical tourism, particularly eye treatments. Many international patients fly to India for cataract surgery, LASIK, corneal transplants, and treatment for various eye illnesses. Here is a rough estimate of how much surgery will cost.
Types of Eye Diseases
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD): – Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is an eye illness that causes central vision to become blurry. It happens as the macula, the portion of the eye that regulates sharp, straight-ahead vision, deteriorates with age. The retina (the light-sensitive tissue at the rear of the eye) includes the macula. The Cost of this treatment is approx. 3000$ -5000$.
- Astigmatism is a common eye condition that causes your vision to be fuzzy or distorted. It occurs when the shape of your cornea (the clear front layer of the eye) or lens (an inner element of your eye that helps the eye focus) differs from normal. Lasik surgery costs start from 1000$ – 2000$ including all tests.
- Amblyopia (also known as lazy eye) is a type of poor eyesight that normally affects only one eye but, in rare cases, both eyes. It occurs when there is a breakdown in the way the brain and the eye work together, and the brain is unable to perceive sight from one eye. Over time, the brain becomes increasingly reliant on the other, stronger eye, while vision in the weaker eye deteriorates. The cost of this surgery starts from 500$ to 1500$ as per the patient’s condition.
- Cataracts: – This is a condition where the eye’s natural lens gets blurry or fuzzy. The cataract surgery in India can cost anywhere from Rs 22000 ($270) to Rs 175000 ($2135) per eye. It varies according to the many lens selections offered.
- Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions that damage the optic nerve and can lead to vision loss. It is often characterized by increased intraocular pressure. The Surgery cost is up to $1000 excluding the pre-test.
- Colour blindness or colour vision deficiency is a condition in which a person sees colours differently from the majority of people. Colour vision deficit makes it difficult to distinguish between specific hues most of the time. Colour vision weakness usually runs in families. There is no cure, although special glasses and contact lenses can help patients see colour distinctions. Most people with colour vision deficits have no trouble with daily activities.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: – It is an eye disorder that can lead to vision loss and blindness in diabetics. It has an impact on the blood vessels in the retina (the light-sensitive layer of tissue at the back of your eye). Patients need only $1000 to $1500- and 1-day hospital stay for surgery.
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH): – occurs when there is an increase in pressure surrounding the brain, causing symptoms such as visual abnormalities and headaches. “Idiopathic” means “unknown cause,” “intracranial” means “in the skull,” and “hypertension” means “high blood pressure. “IIH occurs when your skull becomes clogged with too much cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), the fluid that surrounds your brain and spinal cord. This puts additional strain on your brain and the optic nerve in the back of your eye.
- Pink Eye: – Pink eye, also known as conjunctivitis, is characterized by swelling and redness on the inside of your eyelids and the white area of your eye. Itching and pain may also occur in your eye. Pink eye is fairly prevalent, and some varieties of pink eye spread quickly. You may avoid transmitting it to others by washing your hands frequently and not sharing objects such as pillowcases, towels, or makeup. This is not a surgical process as pink treatment usually clears up on its own after 7 to 10 days except few situations where you need to go to a doctor for medication only.
- Retinal Detachment: – A sudden increase in floaters (little black spots or squiggly lines that float across your vision), flashes of light in one or both eyes and a “curtain” or shadow over your field of vision are all symptoms of glaucoma. Treatment: – Surgery is required if a large portion of your retina has become detached from the back of your eye. The cost of this surgery will be $1000 to $1500 including consultation and diagnosis.
- Retinoblastoma: – is an uncommon type of childhood cancer that originates in the eye’s retina. Working together with the brain improves your ability to see. It is placed at the back of your eye and contains a layer of cells that helps sense light and transmit information to the brain. It primarily affects children under the age of five. Many factors can influence the decision, including the size of the tumour, its location, and whether the cancer has erupted. Most youngsters can live cancer-free after therapy if the tumour has not spread farther into the eye. The surgery cost starts from $4000 to $5000.
To get exact information about any type of eye surgery, cost, treatment process and other details, contact Health Treatment in India. HTI is a renowned medical tourism company that customize patient treatment package as per their needs at no charge.