Cancer is spreading worldwide like a spider net, and the main concern is to diagnose yourself at an early stage. The treatment will be more beneficial if we can diagnose early. The cancer treatment cost in India depends on the Cancer type, stages, hospital, and treatment procedure. Generally, treating cancer can range from a few lakhs to several lakhs of rupees. Cancer treatment includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and targeted therapy.
We have already discussed what is cancer, its types, causes & symptom; if you missed reading; then you can use the below-mentioned link to accumulate information.
Here, we will discuss the treatment process & cost of cancer treatment.
The cancer treatment cost in India depends on the Cancer type, stages, hospital, and treatment procedure. Generally, treating cancer can range from a few lakhs to several lakhs of rupees. Cancer treatment includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and targeted therapy.
These are different levels that patients have to follow as per oncologists.
Getting cancer treatment in India is much cheaper than in any other developed country. Here are a few benefits, patients can opt once they decide to get treatment in India.
- Multiple 5* rated hospitals are available.
- Highly experienced oncologists & examiners
- Cost is affordable
- Foreign insurance company tie-up with Indian hospitals
- Ayurvedic & Homeopathy treatments are also available with Allopathy
- Better medical care after treatment
- Advance medical equipment
Treatment Process: –
It is important to note that the cost of cancer treatment in India can be significantly lower compared to other countries, making it a popular destination for medical tourism.
- Consultation: – It is the first step whenever you face any symptoms in your body. Symptoms do changes as per body & cancer type however few basics are mentioned below.
- Weight loss
- Fever & weakness
These are the symptoms that you need to notice before going for a consultation.
Generally, consultation fee in top-rated hospitals starts from 1000rs to rs5000 in India. This fee changes as per location, hospital, and oncologist experiences. Doctors in India are very helpful to their patients, if they feel patients are unable to pay consultation fees then they give a discount or waived off only in a few cases.
- Surgery: –Purpose of surgery is to remove the malignant tumour, and surrounding tissue. For solid tumours, surgery is frequently the initial line of treatment; but if a tumour is not malignant, then surgery is not the first step to go with.
Surgery Cost – Exact surgery cost depends on the tumour size, cancer stage & its existence on which body part however approx. idea for surgery costs starting from 3000$ to 12000$ in India.
- Radiation therapy: To do this, high-energy radiation is used to destroy cancer cells. The removal of carcinoma cells is a mechanical procedure. Radiation therapy is not necessary if a cancer tumour is fully removed during surgery. If the cancer cells have spread, radiation therapy is then used as a second option after surgery.
Cost of Radiation: – Radiation treatment costs can differ relying on the machine used, the number of sessions, and the hospital. On average cost starts from $3000 to $7000 in a month.
- Proton Therapy: – A kind of radiation therapy used to treat cancer is called proton therapy. High-energy protons are used to target and kill cancer cells specifically. As proton therapy may provide a high dosage of radiation to cancer while limiting damage to the surrounding healthy tissue, it is frequently utilized for tumours that are close to sensitive organs or tissues. The choice to utilize proton therapy will rely on a variety of variables, including the kind, location, and stage of cancer. Proton therapy is not appropriate for all types of cancer. The cost of this therapy is higher than others because there are limited locations & hospitals where this therapy is being offered.
- Chemotherapy: – It’s another way to kill cancer cells via medication. Chemo medications are frequently administered by vein injection, though they can also be taken orally or applied topically. The type and stage of cancer determine the medication utilized in this procedure. Chemotherapy is typically thought of as the first step in treating cancer, although if a tumour is removed surgically, chemotherapy can be avoided.
Chemo cost depends on which drug is being used.
- Immunotherapy: A type of cancer treatment known as immunotherapy uses the immune system’s ability to combat cancer to function. Normally, the immune system recognizes and combats aberrant or alien cells in the body, such as bacteria or viruses. Cancerous cells can, however, frequently avoid the immune system and spread unchecked. Immunotherapy medications support immune system stimulation and improve the immune system’s capacity to recognize and combat cancer cells.
Few names of Immunotherapy types: –
- Checkpoint inhibitors
- CAR T-cell therapy
- Immune system modulators
- Hormone therapy:- Endocrine therapy, commonly referred to as hormonal therapy or hormone therapy, is a form of cancer treatment that revises the body’s hormone levels. This therapy is to treat hormone-sensitive tumours such as breast and prostate cancer.
- Targeted therapy:It is a therapy that only targets cancerous cells. Targeted treatment is intended to be more selective and focused on cancer cells in contrast to regular chemotherapy, which can harm both healthy and malignant cells. The targeted therapy’s purpose is to minimize harm to healthy cells.
It is always recommended that you should clear all your doubts before starting the treatment process. Most therapies have side effects on the body, so you better start changing your routine accordingly. The treatment process typically starts with a diagnosis, which involves a series of tests to determine the type and stage of cancer. Once a diagnosis is complete, a treatment plan is developed based on the patient’s needs and the type and stage of cancer. Treatment may involve a combination of the above methods and can span over weeks or months. Follow-up care is also important to monitor the patient’s progress and to detect any recurrence of cancer.
Hope our readers never need to go through these processes ever.
If you know anyone who is facing you can refer them to us; we will take care of them.